Any top executive can systematically generate opportunities to deliver more value. Review and follow the guidance below to learn how:
To Deliver More Value at Current Clients:
- Assigns someone to pull together intelligence on who to speak with about what in a current client organization to cultivate new opportunities to deliver great value.
- Conducts Client Development Reviews to assess, govern, and guide sales efforts on the most promising current clients and then follow through on the best ideas.
- Turn what works into methods and systems to systematically extend and expand opportunities in other current clients.
To Generate New Opportunities to Deliver Great Value:
- Develop a way to present the best examples of value delivered to current and past clients that you want to do again for new clients in a high-quality form such as a blog, a publishable article, and/or a slide presentation.
- Do research to identify named individuals, not just organizations or positions, in targeted organizations who would be insane not to become customers.
- Find or develop a forum in which to share the presentation and invite the targeted individuals to attend a workshop in which a top existing or past client describes the value they received. Follow up with attendees who ask questions and contribute to group discussion to cultivate interest.
Land a new client; deliver with excellence; extend and expand to get all there is where you are; find new work nearby, and then resell to others in similar circumstances what has been done successfully as summarized in this graphic and explained fully in the Related Content.