When a sale comes in ahead of expectation or when revenue and profit exceed plan, a leader may refer to extra revenue or extra profit which runs the risk of sending the wrong signal to employees.
Just as you can never have too much love, too much happiness, or too much money avoid words that suggest revenue or profit are more than you need. For example, refer to additional revenue and additional profit to suggest more than expected but never more than enough!
NOTE: A refreshed version of www.intelliven.com is now live. While keeping the same minimalist format, the following improvements have been made:
- Tools and Templates are easier to access and more readable.
- Videos are organized for easier access.
- Client list, descriptions, and quotes are more comprehensive and categorized according to characteristics (e.g., Bay Area or International) and services.
- IntelliVen Principal bios are easier to browse.
- Services descriptions have been tightened up.
- A full list of past Presentations is more readable.
- Manage to Lead workbook landing page is more readable. (Note that a new video introducing the workbook is soon to be posted).
- Resources are more visible for access via the Tools page.
If you like what you see, refer others and encourage them to subscribe or follow to receive future posts and to visit often in order to take advantage of IntelliVen content, tools, and templates.