Core Leaders who all describe the problem their organization solves for whom in the same way are apt to provide more consistent guidance and direction and so increase the odds of better performance across the board.
To get clear or to test for clarity, invite each Core Leader to:
- Collect and consolidate input from each leader. Note points of alignment and departure.
- Convene a Core Leadership Group session to share and discuss collected input. Encourage leaders to iterate to a consolidated articulation; possibly over several sessions.
- OPTION: Submit consolidated statement for review and comment by select certified IntelliVen students, clients, and followers by filling out and submitting theabove template.
- Share consolidated articulation with Management Team.
- Edit to reflect refinements based on input from managers.
- Review with All Hands in written and stand-up presentations to inform, guide; solicit reaction and collect suggestions for improvement.
- Revise as appropriate after review with Core Leaders and Management Team.
- Finalize and publish for use in internal and external communications as a constant reminder, and to re-enforce clarity about, what the organization does for whom and why as well as to be clear about what the organization does not do.
- Review and revise annually to reflect updated and expanded thinking in the face of experience
- How to decide what problem to solve.
- Who-What-Why templates filled out for several organizations including some that are not for-profit businesses.
- Audio walk-through of steps to Get Clear.
- Blank Who-What-Why template.